Sunday, October 23, 2011

What the fuck.

My computer was working just fine last night, I played Fallout New Vegas until about 1 in the morning, noticed it took an inordinate amount of time to turn off, but didn't think anything of it.


Now it won't turn on at all. Not even getting to POST. Monitor won't detect a signal and I have to turn off the power bar if I want to shut down the computer.


Goddamn it.


This challenge donation drive may turn into a "help Anonymous Man build a new computer" drive...I'll let you know.

The problem is that the motherboard died. The power supply is fine, the hard drives are fine, and the graphics card is fine. Unfortunately that means I need to get a new mobo, cpu and memory.

So, if you could find it in your heart to help me out with that, I would really appreciate it right now. I have the money to get the replacement parts regardless of what happens, but it is an expense I wasn't really expecting.

The good news is that when I get the parts and set up my computer (hopefully with Windows 7 as well), future streams will be much less taxing on the new CPU, since I'm looking at a Core i3 or i5.

In any event, I probably won't be streaming tomorrow, and maybe not for a couple of days, but I will be working (on paper) on other stuff in the meantime.

<b>Worth Noting:</b>  Any donations will still go towards the 12/24 hour challenge (I updated the goal counter on the right to reflect the two separate goals), and the stand donation rules regarding Cursed still apply: if you donate, you are entitled to request an addition to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment