Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Regards To Racial Transformations

The question keeps coming up: are there going to be racial transformations in Cursed? The short answer: yes. The long answer: Well...

The problem with racial changes is this: they all come down to poof TFs.

As you may know, I'm not a fan of poof, or instantaneous, TFs. I personally believe that they're cop-outs, really, a way of writing a transformation without actually doing a transformation. That's why, in Cursed, every single transformation takes time and effort. Changes shouldn't happen instantaneously is my belief.

But for racial changes...what really changes? Skin color, sure, that's a one day thing. Some facial features maybe, but not many, and they're mostly subtle. And...that's it. You're not changing sex, you're not growing new appendages, you're just...altering your look slightly.

So that problem that I've encountered is that, in my desire to make all TFs drawn out and unique, I have no idea what to do to make racial TFs drawn out and unique. I'm working on it, but so far it's like bashing my head against a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment